Cystic Fibrosis Ireland Steptember Challenge
Priority Construction are encouraging you to get active and increase the number of steps that you take in a day for health benefits. We are running a 'Steptember' Challenge. Most people walk between 3,000 to 5,000 steps a day. We challenge you to make up the extra steps so that you reach the goal of 10,000 steps per day, which is the recommended number of steps by the World Health Organisation (WHO) for health benefits.
This challenge is for everyone, regardless of your fitness.
The aim is to increase your step count on a daily basis, 10,000 steps equates to approx. 8km. Therefore at the end of the month of Steptember you will have taken steps that equates to 240km.
How it works
1) Cystic Fibrosis Ireland has been selected at random from the list of proposed charities as the chosen charity.
2) A Just Giving Page has been created at this link where you can donate.
3) Each employee is asked to donate €20 to the Just Giving Page, we are referring to this as a registration fee and this will include their name on the google spreadsheet.
4) Download the free Activity Tracker Pedometer app to your phone – If everybody is monitoring their steps from the same app it should remove any discrepancies.
5) A ‘live’ Google spreadsheet will be developed for all registered employees.
6) For the month of September (which we will be referring to as Steptember) each employee records their daily steps and informs their site Supervisor. The site Supervisor will input the steps on a daily/weekly basis for each employee onto the google spreadsheet.
7) Priority Construction will also make a contribution Cystic Fibrosis Ireland.
8) All of the funds are going directly into the Cystic Fibrosis account via the Just Giving Page however a formal presentation will be held in October will the final amount disclosed to all.
9) Cystic Fibrosis will promote our event and follow up with what the monies raised was used for.
Priority Construction will;
Give a weekly toolbox talk on being active and the Steptember challenge
Include the boot logo on health & safety documents for Steptember to prompt employees
Erect posters and relevant information on all sites to remind employees
All site management will lead by example by conducting more site walk-abouts and talk to employees about this challenge
Contribute to Cystic Fibrosis Ireland Communicate to everybody the amount raised and what it was used for
Tips to add more steps into your day
Park further away in the carpark.
Walk during break times and after work.
Walk and talk to colleagues instead of phoning them or emailing.
When at home watching TV get up and move.
Go for a brisk 10-15min walk.
Remember every step counts!